Traveling by road/Entry Points must use these designated entry points and may not enter from any other point: Nepal-India border, Kakarbhitta, Birgunj, Belhiya, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Dhangadi, Mahendra Nagar, Kodari, Nepal-China border
Overland tourists entering the country with their vehicles must possess an international carnet.
Flying to Nepal from various parts of the world.
(Note: Now there are no direct flights to Kathmandu .so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for latest information)
Nepal Airlines is the national flag carrier of Nepal with flights to/from Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Bangkok and Hong Kong. Other international airlines operating from/ to Kathmandu are Air Arabia (Sharjah), Air China (Lhasa, Chengdu), ArkeFly(Amsterdam ), Bahrain Air (Bahrain ), Biman Bangladesh (Dhaka), China Southern Airlines (Guanzhou), China Eastern (Kunming), Dragon Air (Hong Kong), Druk Air (Delhi, Paro), Etihad Airways (Abu Dhabi),Fly Dubai (Dubai), GMG Airlines (Dhaka), Gulf Air (Bahrain, Muscat), Indian Airlines (Delhi, Kolkotta, Varanasi), Jet Airways (Delhi, Mumbai), Jet Lite (Delhi), Kingfisher Airlines (Delhi), Korean Air (Seoul), Pakistan International Airlines (Karachi), Qatar Airways (Doha), Silk Air (Singapore) and Thai Airways (Bangkok).
- Airfares fluctuate with the changes in exchange rates and are to be paid in foreign currency by foreign nationals.
- Only Nepalese and Indian nationals are permitted to pay in rupees for air passage between Nepal and India.
- Departure flight tickets should be reconfirmed three days in advance to avoid inconveniences by possible flight cancellation or changes in the flight schedule.
- Overweight luggage charges are levied in foreign exchange.
Tourist entry visa can be obtained for following duration from Nepal Embassy/Consulate or Mission Offices abroad, or at the following Immigration Offices in Nepal.
01. Tribuvan International Airport, kathmandu.
02. Kakarvita, Jhapa Eastern Nepal.
03. Birgunj, Parsa Central Nepal.
04. Kodari, Sindhupalchowk Northern boarder
05. Belhiya Bhairawa Rupandehi Western Nepal.
06. Jamuna, Nepalgunj Banke, mid western Nepal.
07. Mohana Dhangadi Kailali far western Nepal.
08. Gaddachowki, Mahendra Nagar Kanchenpur far western Nepal.
- Minimum 30 US Dollar for upto 15 days.
After 15 days 2US Dollar per days (extension of the tourist visa, the fees chargeable for 15 days shall be levied if the period is less than 15 days in every extension.
- Extra US Dollar 20 for MRE facility for valid visa period.
- Late fee to be charged Extra 3 US Dollar per day
- Free of Cost incase minor below 10 years of age.
Tourist Visa Extension
01. Visa Extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US $ 02 per day.
02. Tourist visa can be extended for maximum perioud of 10 days in single visa year ( Jan.- Dec.)
Gratis (Free)/Transit Visa
01. Gratis visa for 30 days available only for tourist of SAARC countries
02. Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal’s immigration offices at the entry visa points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent convertible currency.